+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Andrew has experience of acting in arbitrations involving general commercial disputes and also property-related matters. He also has extensive experience of proceedings involving challenges to expert determinations.
Notable matters that Andrew has worked on include the following:
- Demco Investment and Commercial SA v S-E Banken Forsakring Holding Aktiebolag. Large-scale arbitration under the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce relating to pensions mis-selling, the conduct of the Pensions Review and indemnities under a sale and purchase agreement.
- Acting in a commercial property arbitration concerning the validity of a notice of termination under a long-term commercial lease.
- A commercial arbitration involving a claim under an indemnity in a SPA in relation to the sale of an insurance company.
- Ackerman v Ackerman & Thornhill. Substantial proceedings brought to set aside the provisional report of an expert who determined the division of a large property empire between two sides of a family. The challenge was made on the grounds of bias, collusion and material departure from instructions.
- In the matter of an application for information about a trust. In these Bermudian proceedings, a beneficiary seeks information from the trustee about the administration of a trust which contains a provision restricting disclosure in the trust instrument. The case is due to be heard by the Privy Council in 2015.
- Isle of Man Trust. Very high-value proceedings before the Isle of Man Courts which sought various declarations and the ‘blessing’ of a momentous decision proposed by the trustee.