+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew is regularly instructed on a wide range of professional liability cases across the commercial and chancery law spectrum. In particular, he frequently acts for or against lawyers, pensions professionals, trustees and other fiduciaries, accountants and auditors, directors and financial advisors.
Andrew also has experience of regulatory proceedings against solicitors and accountants. He has recently acted in proceedings before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and is also instructed by the FRC.
Recent notable matters that Andrew has worked on include the following:
- Sea Containers Pension Schemes. Andrew is instructed for defendant benefit consultants and actuaries in a professional negligence claim arising out of alleged failed equalisation in the Sea Containers Pension Schemes.
- Bloxwich Pension Scheme. Andrew is instructed for defendant benefit consultants facing professional negligence claims in the administration of the Bloxwich Pension Scheme.
- Re a Gibraltar Trust. Andrew is instructed for claimant beneficiaries in proceedings alleging (amongst other things) professional negligence against a trustee company in relation to the administration and investment of a trust based in Gibraltar.
- Hampton v Clifford Harris. Claim by a beneficiary against her former solicitors in respect of delays in the distribution of an estate which caused increased inheritance tax liabilities.
- Logue v Shaw & Turnbull. A private prosecution against two solicitors which was brought by an individual who was the subject of a freezing injunction which had been wrongly granted.
- FRC investigation. Acting for the FRC in the preparation of disciplinary proceedings against a large accountancy firm and certain individuals.
- Several claims against solicitors for negligent advice in the context of residential conveyancing.
- Defending an accountancy firm facing a £30m claim for alleged breaches of duty in relation to an invoice discounting facility.
- Acting for a tenant against its former solicitors for failing to give proper advice about its ability to serve a valid termination notice under an agreement for lease.
- Advising in relation to a massive property-related professional negligence claim arising out of the faulty construction of a multi-storey car park for a shopping centre.
- Acting for a Cayman Islands building firm against allegations of professional negligence in respect of hurricane-related remedial work.