+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew is experienced in dealing with a range of property-related disputes, in particular those involving trust and co-ownership issues, professional negligence claims and shareholder and joint venture disputes.
Notable matters that Andrew has worked on include the following:
- Ackerman v Ackerman & Thornhill. Substantial proceedings brought to set aside the provisional report of an expert who determined the division of a large property empire between two sides of a family. The challenge was made on the grounds of bias, collusion and material departure from instructions.
- Various co-ownership and trust disputes arising in the course of matrimonial proceedings.
- One Hyde Park. Acting in proceedings involving a substantial dispute arising out of the purchase of an apartment in the One Hyde Park development.
- Ross River Ltd v Cambridge City Football Club Ltd. Claim for the rescission of the sale of a football ground and an overage agreement on the grounds of bribery and fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Re Brixton Prison. Successful application for an order under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992 so that extensive work could be carried out to HMP Brixton.
- Acting for the claimant in a three-day trial of a neighbour dispute over the existence of a right of way.
- Acting in a commercial property arbitration concerning the validity of a notice of termination under a long-term commercial lease.
- Appearing successfully for an appellant to the Lands Tribunal against a decision of a Leasehold Valuation Tribunal in respect of the reasonableness of a service charge.
- Acting in a dispute arising out of a joint venture for the redevelopment of a leisure and timeshare complex in the south of England.