+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben regularly accepts instructions in professional negligence matters, particularly those in the property and pensions fields. He acts both on his own account, or as a junior in more substantial matters.
Notable recent instructions include:
- Acting unled for trustee services providers in a legally complex claim against them for their failure to detect that their client’s emails had been hacked.
- Acting unled in a claim brought against conveyancing solicitors brought by purchasers of property who had been tricked by identity fraudsters.
- Acting for an IFA in a claim brought against him by an ex-professional footballer, for allegedly failing to preserve his favourable retirement age.
- Acting for solicitors in defending a claim brought against them for their alleged failure to equalise a pension scheme effectively.
- Herrmann v Withers  EWHC 1492 (Ch). A successful claim brought against residential property conveyancers, which raised difficult issues of mitigation of loss (led by Jonathan Seitler QC).
- Ben is also a contributor to the Pension Scheme Actuaries chapter in Professional Negligence and Liability looseleaf.