+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobby is currently instructed in a number of significant commercial disputes, both as sole counsel and as a junior.
He has a broad practice encompassing most areas of business and commercial law, with particular experience and interest in civil fraud, general commercial disputes, and company and insolvency, as well as financial services disputes. He has also worked in numerous offshore jurisdictions and is happy to accept instructions globally. He is frequently called on to obtain or resist freezing injunctions.
Bobby is well-suited to the demands of commercial work, and combines intellectual rigour with the tenacity needed to deal with high-value and complex claims.
Recent matters of note include:
- Acting for the defendant trader resisting a claim concerning alleged wrongful trading, concerning the entering into of trades beyond his authority and related matters.
- Acting for the claimant seeking recovery of sums paid under a contract. The sums were due to be invested in contracts for difference and other derivative products but these were wrongly/incorrectly invested.
- Acting as sole counsel in a major High Court commercial dispute worth £60 million.
- Acting as a junior in a two-week expert determination concerning a commercial agreement.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in an expert determination concerning a significant dispute over a commercial agreement.
- Acting as a junior in a significant claim concerning the insolvency of a bond provider.
- Acting for a litigation funder seeking the variation of a freezing injunction.
- Acting for the claimants against a major high street bank in a misselling claim involving an interest rate hedging product.
- Successfully arguing in a High Court Part 8 claim for a novel construction of the provisions of the Companies Act 2006 concerning a reduction of capital
- Acting for the claimant in a major breach of contract claim arising from a redevelopment.
- Acting as sole counsel for a major creditor of a company, appealing the liquidator’s decision on its proof of debt.
- Acting for a director in the Isle of Man facing regulatory proceedings
- Acting for an introducer seeking payment of unpaid fees.
- Applying to set aside a statutory demand.
- Obtaining a freezing order against a fraudulent employee of a significant company.
- Successfully obtaining a freezing injunction in a claim for unjust enrichment and dishonest assistance and then successfully obtaining judgment in favour of the claimant.
- Advising a third party on the release of funds under a freezing injunction.
- Acting as sole counsel for a major financial organisation in a significant claim arising out of the construction of a facility agreement.
- Successfully seeking (as sole counsel) worldwide freezing injunctions against a number of parties in the High Court in respect of a number of instances of fraud.
- Acting for a trustee in a £50m High Court civil fraud claim (as a junior).
- Acting for a company seeking to enforce its charge against a fraudster in the context of the fraudster’s divorce.
- Acting for a contractor in a major Middle Eastern dispute alleging fraud and bad faith.
- Acting for a businessman who is owed sums by a hedge fund manager pursuant to an advisory contract.
- Acting for a venture capital firm in respect of resisting a claim for payment by professional advisers.
- Successfully resisting an administration order in relation to contested debts to a firm of solicitors.
- Successfully resisting the appointment of a liquidator.
- Frequent appearances in the bankruptcy courts and in the winding up court.
- Advising on arrest of an aircraft.
- Advising and drafting in respect of numerous commercial contracts.
- Appearing on summary judgment applications in respect of commercial contracts.
- Acting for a company in resisting claims for the payment of sums under a consultancy contract.
- Acting for a major bank in respect of claims arising from a contractual agreement.