+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlotte has significant experience of professional negligence claims, particularly those with a property angle. Having spent two years working in-house in the property litigation department of a leading firm of solicitors, Charlotte has first-hand, practical experience of the work of both commercial and residential property lawyers. This makes her particularly well-placed to understand and advise on solicitors’ negligence claims.
Charlotte has previously given talks on professional negligence matters to the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA) and at the annual Wilberforce Chambers Professional Negligence conference.
Her work includes:
- Acting for purchasers of residential land in claim against their conveyancing solicitors for failing to notify them of the existence of a planning permission in relation to a neighbouring property (with Jonathan Seitler QC).
- Acting for purchasers of residential land in claim against their conveyancing solicitors for failing to discover that part of the property to be purchased fell outside the registered title.
- Acting in a claim against a firm of surveyors who were alleged to have failed to have progressed negotiations to ensure that the claimant received statutory compensation when its land was compulsorily purchased.
- Advising a number of charities in relation to allegations that the executors of an estate to which the charities were beneficially entitled had failed to take steps to mitigate against inheritance tax liability.
- Acting for charities in a claim against a solicitor-executor alleging that she had mishandled the administration of an estate of which the charities were discretionary beneficiaries (with Lawrence Cohen QC).