Call: 2017, Solicitor: 1980
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
David is a leading and highly experienced lawyer in the pensions field and related areas. He switched to practice as a barrister at the end of 2017, after 37 years practice as a solicitor, including 25 years as a partner in law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. David’s practice focuses on:
- Pensions law
- Insolvency law
- Employment law (involving pensions).
David’s practice as a solicitor included advising employers and trustees in relation to pension law matters, including corporate transactions, scheme funding, scheme mergers, scheme changes, employer insolvency and Pensions Regulator issues.
David was chair of the Association of Pension Lawyers (APL) from 2001 to 2003.
David has published four books in the areas of pensions, insolvency and employment law: “The Law of Pension Trusts”; “Corporate Insolvency: Pension Rights”; “Corporate Insolvency: Employment Rights” and “Employment Law and Pensions”.
David is an editor of the quarterly journal “Trust Law International”. He was also on the editorial board of the “Occupational Pensions Law Reports” and is on the advisory board for the Pensions section in Practical Law.
David is recommended in the directories (as a solicitor before 2018):
- David Pollard is described as a “complete guru” in the pensions world.’Chambers UK 2017
- ‘David Pollard is a leading figure in the UK pensions law arena, … “a legend” and a “serious class act”’ Chambers UK 2016
- ‘The “inventive” David Pollard “provides wise, sage advice”.’ Chambers UK 2015
- ‘Leading light’ The Legal 500 2015
- ‘David Pollard … is recognised as being “exceptionally knowledgeable”.’ Chambers UK 2014
- ‘Sources have “huge respect for David Pollard; you have to admire him, he’s an excellent lawyer” and “really stands out as a go-to guy who is regarded nationally as a leading authority”. Chambers UK 2013
- ‘pensions guru David Pollard’ The Legal 500 2013
- ‘The “very bright” David Pollard is praised for his knowledge and technical abilities and “is easily understood and breaks down advice well”.’ Chambers UK 2012
- ‘David Pollard is “a top-class professional”.’ Legal 500 2012
- ‘David Pollard is described by sources as “one of the most eminent pensions lawyers around”.’ Chambers UK 2011
- ‘David Pollard has “a complete grasp of the complex regulatory framework underpinning UK pension provision, and the ability to translate said complexities to clients in a clear, authoritative but nevertheless pragmatic manner”.’The Legal 500 2011