+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Edward is recommended by Chambers & Partners in the field of “professional negligence”.
Edward has considerable experience of professional negligence cases involving accountants, auditors, lawyers, actuaries and financial advisers. He has been particularly involved in cases regarding investment funds and pension funds, and in professional negligence claims arising out of fraud.
Representative work includes:
- Defending a major international auditor in respect of claims arising from collapse of a corporate group.
- Acting for pension scheme actuaries in relation to failed benefit equalisation.
- Defending a leading firm of accountants against claims of mismanagement of a high net worth individual’s investments.
- Proceedings involving claims of negligence and other misconduct against a City firm of solicitors in relation to advice on corporate governance and directors’ powers.
- Acting for a claimant in a claim against an actuary for negligent work on a FRS17 disclosure note.
- Defending an auditor in respect of claims arising from the failure of a film finance partnership.
- Proceedings involving claims of negligence against an accountant in respect of corporation tax advice on director’s loan account.
- Defending solicitors sought to be made vicariously liable for the fraud of their partner.
- Acting for the claimant in a claim against a major investment bank for breaches of the FSMA regulatory regime in the conduct of investment business.