+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Edward is recommended as a pensions junior in Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500.
He has extensive experience of pensions litigation and advisory work, having appeared in a number of high-profile recent cases such as IBM (both the rectification and good faith cases), Nortel, Merchant Navy Ratings and Box Clever. He regularly deals with issues as to scheme funding, S75 debts, equalisation, rectification, trustee and employer duties, construction, insolvency, regulatory powers, PPF entry and professional liability, amongst other matters.
Edward has been involved in a number of the leading cases on The Pensions Regulator proceedings such as the Bonas Group Pension Scheme. He has particular experience of cases concerning the regulator’s “moral hazard” powers, including international cases involving claims or potential claims overseas arising under those powers.
His pensions practice also comprises pensions-related professional negligence claims.
- IBM v Dalgleish – acting for the trustee in a claim to establish whether the employer had acted in good faith.
- Bloom v Pensions Regulator – acting for the trustee in an application to the Companies Court to determine the order of priority of a contribution notice upon insolvency.
- Re Merchant Navy Ratings (pending proceedings) – acting for the trustee in proceedings concerning the contribution rules of an industry-wide scheme.
- Box Clever – acting for the targets in a claim by The Pensions Regulator for an FSD.
- IBM v IBM Pensions Trust – acting for the claimant in a claim to rectify six deeds going back to 1983.
- Stena v MNRPF – acting for the trustee in proceedings to determine the scope of the power of amendment.
- Bonas Group Pension Scheme – proceedings concerning the first contribution notice issued by the Pensions Regulator.
- Nortel (Canadian/US/UK proceedings) – acting for the trustee and the PPF in proceedings for an FSD and other claims.
- Hugh Mackay Retirement Benefits Scheme – application by The Pensions Regulator for the appointment of an independent trustee.