+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Emer acts in relation to a wide variety of contentious trust matters, involving both domestic and offshore structures.
Notable cases include the following:
Twin Benefits Ltd v Barker (2017)
- This dispute relates to the settlement of a previous High Court case, which involved the unwinding of a multi-million-pound offshore trust.
- Emer successfully represented professional trustee company Confiànce, in defending the claim that it failed to ensure a sufficiently good deal was secured for the potential beneficiaries of the (now unwound) trust.
- The case against Confiànce was struck out following the claimants’ failure to provide security.
- Emer is being led by Elspeth Talbot Rice QC, XXIV Old Buildings.
- This case concerns a massive trust dispute worth billions of pounds in an offshore jurisdiction between members of the same wealthy family.
- Acting as a junior to Brian Green QC, Emer assisted a client accused of duping her mother out of her intended benefit under a trust.
Independent Trustee Services Ltd v GP Noble Trustees Ltd (2012)
- Emer represented Hassans law firm in Gibraltar in this litigation which arose out of the transfer of assets belonging to a number of underfunded UK pension schemes by their corporate trustee, GP Noble.
- The case raised issues of civil fraud, breach of trust and professional liability.
- Emer acted as a junior to Terence Mowschenson QC and Jamie Smith QC.