+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabriel’s commercial litigation practice varies from multi-million pound cases between large corporations to disputes between smaller companies, partnerships and individual traders.
Gabriel is frequently instructed to advise and represent clients in personal and corporate insolvency matters, and he regularly acts for company liquidators, administrators and trustees in bankruptcy.
Recent instructions include:
- Acting for the liquidator of an Isle of Man company run as a collective investment scheme (but wound up for fraud), in the recovery of assets.
- Advising the administrators of a hedge fund in a claim against a foreign bank for failure to honour a commitment to make a loan.
- Acting for various banks and lending institutions in enforcing guarantees and other securities.
- Advising on claims against independent financial advisers
- Advising a bridging finance company as to potential negligence claims against its former advisers (solicitors and valuers)
- Defending a director of a company where fellow directors had defrauded the company’s bank through misuse of an invoice-discounting scheme.
- Acting for individuals accused of running a multi-million dollar ‘ponzi’ scheme
- Advising in an arbitration involving allegations of bribery in the procurement of government contracts in China
- Acting for the franchisee of a major UK car manufacturer, alleging wrongful termination of the dealership.
- Acting for an international automobile distributor in a dispute with a UK wholesaler over supplies of vehicles into the ‘grey market’, and in a dispute with a major UK bank over alleged improper payments under a standby letter of credit.
- Defending a major UK hotel group against a claim for an indemnity under a sale agreement, following a failed tax avoidance scheme.
- Acting (as part of a team of lawyers in the UK, Gibraltar and South Africa, led by Terence Mowschenson QC) for the defendant companies in claims to set aside a production sharing contract for the exploitation of oilfields in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Defending a financial adviser against claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence, concerning a series of joint ventures in the UK, US, India and the Caribbean.
- Advising (as part of a team of lawyers in the UK and Spain) a former director of a FTSE 250 company over claims arising under a Share Sale Agreement.