+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Gabriel’s practice encompasses all elements of real property including landlord and tenant (both residential and commercial), mortgages, easements and restrictive covenants, boundary disputes and conveyancing. As well as the High Court and county courts, Gabriel regularly appears before the Land Registry Adjudicator and the Residential Property Tribunal.
Recent instructions include:
- A long-running claim by the landlord of commercial premises for rent arrears, where the tenant alleged that the lease had been surrendered.
- Defending the owners of a substantial flat in London against a claim by the freehold management company for an injunction to force them to undo major refurbishment works.
- A claim for the recovery of service charges for the cost of major works to the Corn Exchange in Manchester.
- Acting for the former director of a property finance company, alleged to have been party to a multi-million pound ‘ponzi-style’ fraud.
- Various disputes over the beneficial ownership of property, particularly where purchased as a buy-to-let.
- Various landlord-tenant and mortgagee possession claims, many of which involved allegations of mis-selling (particularly with reference to lifetime mortgages or equity release schemes), undue influence (as in Barclays Bank v O’Brien and RBS v Etridge) or fraud.