+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Gabriel advises and appears in court on a variety of contentious private client matters, from those involving relatively modest estates to multi-million pound offshore trusts.
Recent instructions include:
- Assisting counsel in Anguilla with a claim in the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court against an executor and trustee for wrongly registering estate land as the executor’s own, on the grounds that she had been in adverse possession of the same.
- Assisting counsel in Anguilla with another claim in the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court to remove the administrator of an estate, with associated proceedings for contempt of court against the administrator’s solicitors for failing to comply with an undertaking that they would cease acting in circumstances where they had a conflict of interest.
- Acting in divorce proceedings in the High Court for third parties claiming to own the properties (valued in excess of £25m) that the wife alleged her husband owned.
- Defending an executor against allegations by beneficiaries that he acted in breach of duty by failing to convert and distribute trust assets shortly before the start of the global financial crisis.
- A claim by the widow in a polygamous marriage for a share in the UK matrimonial home.
- Defending a claim by the child of parents also in a polygamous marriage to a greater share in the UK family home.
- Various claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.