Gilead Cooper QC
Call: 1983 QC: 2006
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Gilead has appeared in a number of professional liability cases, often representing solicitors or barristers in defending negligence claims.
Gilead’s key cases include:
- Stuart v Goldberg Linde  WLR 823. Court of Appeal guidelines on the rule in Henderson v Henderson. Neither the merits of the second action, nor delay in starting it, are relevant factors in deciding whether it is an abuse of process to bring separate proceedings.
- Gloyne v Richardson  2 BCLC 669,  EWCA Civ 716 (Court of Appeal). Construction of share option agreement.
- Gloyne v Richardson  All ER (D) 447,  EWCA Civ 1980. Strike-out of claim against solicitor who had failed to serve proper notice under share option agreement.
- Ebert v Venvil  Ch. 484 (Court of Appeal). Jurisdiction of the High Court to make an order prohibiting a litigant from issuing vexatious proceedings.
- Bristol & West v Baden, Barnes and Groves  Lloyd’s Rep PN 788. Solicitor under no obligation to disclose confidential information obtained under previous retainer.
- Summit Property v Pitmans  All ER (D) 1226. Solicitors’ duty to two clients when a conflict of interest arises; one client wishing to exploit confidential information belonging to the other.
- Summit Property v Pitmans  Lloyd’s Rep PN 16 (Court of Appeal). Defendant successfully defending claim but ordered to contribute to loser’s costs.
- Raybould v Jameson  All ER (D) 1679. Solicitor failing to advise client of risk of committing blackmail.
- Turner v Plasplugs Ltd  2 All ER 939 (Court of Appeal). Liability of legally aided party to order for costs.
- Wapshott v Davies Donovan (1996) 72 P & CR 244 (Court of Appeal). Measure of damages in claim against negligent solicitors.
- Hemmens v Wilson Browne  Ch 223. Liability of solicitor to non-client third party in inter vivos transaction.
- Re Moonbeam Cards Ltd  BCLC 1099. Directors’ disqualification.
- Moore v Khan-Ghauri  2 EGLR 9 (Court of Appeal). Contract for sale of land by auction.