+44 (0)207 306 email@example.com
Graeme recent directory entries include:
- “A fantastically able commercial chancery junior.” Chambers UK
- “Lauded as a dynamic and seasoned advocate and sources were unanimous in praising his commercial litigation practice.” Chambers UK
- “He maintains a diverse and dynamic commercial litigation practice, and has strengths in banking and financial disputes and cross-border fraud.” Chambers UK
- “He is a fighter, who seems to be at the cutting edge of developments like worldwide freezing injunctions.” Chambers UK
- “He is invaluable in complex cases.” Legal 500
- “Particularly commend for his expertise in finance-related professional negligence matters.” Legal 500
Representative work includes:
- Representing bond investors in the OGX Brazilian oil conglomerate which collapsed with $60bn losses in fraud claims against former management, including co-ordinating worldwide freezing orders and disclosure orders in several jurisdictions.
- Acting for administrators of Lehman Brothers on post-collapse claims against counter parties including claims in England and the Cayman Islands.
- Advising a funded party in a claim against a litigation funder following the withdrawal of funding for litigation against a bank that withdrew seed funding.
Obtaining stay of proceedings in favour of AAA arbitration in New York, acting as advocate at first instance and on appeal.
- Representing England-based director in a collapsed property investment company involved in investor litigation in the United States, BVI and England.
- Engaged by FRC in investigations and proceedings following the sale of the Autonomy business to HP and the subsequent $8bn loss realised on the transaction.
- Acting in litigation concerning life settlement fund litigation, including:
- Advising liquidators of a failed life settlement fund; and
- Advising investor groups in a life settlement fund that suffered significant capital losses as a result of asset revaluation.
- Acting as expert on issues of offshore law in the English High Court and US jurisdictions as to the duties of fund directors in claims brought by creditors and/or investors.
- Representing Russian high net worth individual on effect of freezing orders, disclosure orders, third party orders and parallel relief in offshore jurisdictions following claims in High Court for damages in excess $200m arising out of a corporate finance transaction.