+44 (0)207 306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Graeme’s work encompasses both domestic and international insolvency. He is often instructed when financial services companies have collapsed and on the ensuing
professional liability claims on behalf of insolvent estates. He has extensive experience of offshore insolvency issues and appears regularly in offshore courts.
“He has an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things to do with insolvency and company law.” Chambers UK
“Steeped in offshore experience, especially in insolvency-related matters. He is invaluable in complex insolvency cases because he can provide a reasoned local perspective.” Chambers UK
“Frequently instructed in high-value, high-stakes cases concerning financial and insolvency issues.” Chambers UK
“Particularly commended for his expertise in finance-related professional negligence matters.” Legal 500
These are examples of his recent insolvency work:
- Advised administrators of the Angel Group of companies on an application for their removal and responses to allegations of misconduct by their appointing bank and advisers to that bank.
- Acting for administrators of Lehman Brothers on post-collapse claims against counter parties including claims in England and the Cayman Islands.
- Advised directors of insolvent company on claims against the company’s bank in calling in loans immediately after re-financing was agreed on terms which extended the personal liabilities of the directors.
- Successfully applied for removal of receivers appointed on an ex parte basis over a company jointly owned and managed by husband and wife following the wife’s application to appoint those receivers in the course of parallel divorce proceedings.
- Representing England-based director in a collapsed property investment company involved in investor litigation in England, the United States and the BVI.
- Intervening in offshore insolvency to overturn permission to bring New York proceedings against a major international bank.
- Successfully obtained stay of Cayman insolvency proceedings to determine professional adviser claims in favour of arbitration as included in advisory agreements. Stay was confirmed by the Court of Appeal.
- Advised on the application of assets and liabilities of an insolvent segregated portfolio investment company and obtained Court approval of a merger of any claims against
former management and advisers to permit those claims to proceed in the United States.
- Acting for liquidators of insolvent hedge fund in respect of hostile liquidation proceedings following disputes between investors and fund manager following suspension of redemption and reorganisations with background of ongoing US Department of Justice investigations.