+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Iain’s practice covers both general commercial and chancery litigation and advisory work, with a particular focus on the following:
- all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency (including director disqualification proceedings)
- shareholder, partnership and joint venture disputes
- civil fraud, including obtaining and responding to interim injunctions (freezing injunctions, search orders and orders preserving information in electronic form), and claims based on tracing, knowing receipt, dishonest assistance, breach of fiduciary duty, deceit and conspiracy to defraud as well as bringing and defending committal applications
- professional negligence (solicitors, accountants and financial advisors)
- disputes relating to jurisdictional challenges and choice of law
In 2013, Iain was shortlisted for ‘The Chambers 100 UK Bar – The Juniors’ listing.
The recent edition of Chambers & Partners, 2017 describe him as “an excellent all-round junior”, “who has a good, analytical mind and is a strong advocate whose Russian language skills are of enormous benefit.”
Chambers & Partners, 2016 describes him as a fine junior who is well liked by peers, and who tackles a varied commercial chancery workload. He takes instructions in matters concerning civil fraud and insolvency, and is also an expert on jurisdictional disputes. “He’s a deep thinker and, whereas some counsel shoot from the hip, he’s measured and thinks very deeply about things so that you get extremely good-quality advice.” Opponents say: “He is a very courteous opponent” who “produces excellent written work”.