+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Iain’s practice covers both general commercial and chancery litigation and advisory work, with a particular focus on the following:
- all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency (including director disqualification proceedings)
- shareholder, partnership and joint venture disputes
- civil fraud, including obtaining and responding to interim injunctions (freezing injunctions, search orders and orders preserving information in electronic form), and claims based on tracing, knowing receipt, dishonest assistance, breach of fiduciary duty, deceit and conspiracy to defraud as well as bringing and defending committal applications
- professional negligence (solicitors, accountants and financial advisors)
- disputes relating to jurisdictional challenges and choice of law
Chambers & Partners 2018 UK edition describes Iain as “very pragmatic, and his pleadings and his skeletons are very good”. “He’s got a good analytical mind, and is very popular with his solicitors.” It also notes that “he doesn’t sit on the fence… he gives good advice and his writing style is very good”.
The Legal 500 2017 UK edition recognises that Iain is “a deeply knowledgeable barrister with excellent judgement” and “a very good junior in the company law field”. Furthermore,
“he is excellent on detail and leaves no stone unturned” and “has very detailed knowledge of the Insolvency Act”.