Ian Croxford QC
Call: 1976 QC: 1993
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
In both the Chancery Division and Commercial Court he appears regularly in connection with commercial disputes.
Recent cases have included:
- Swiss Life v Kraus (2014-) Acting for an insurer seeking to enforce the Judgments of a New York Court given in respect of litigation involving allegedly fraudulent selling of and claims under endowment policies sold in the USA.
- Singh v Singh (2012-2014) Defending a successful business man in respect of a claim by his father that property derived from a very large business empire was held by the defendant on constructive trust for the male members of his family in accordance with the Mitakshara and the principles of Joint Hindu Property.
- Scottish & Newcastle & ors v. Lewis Baling Services & ors. (2010-2011) Defending the UK subsidiary of a multinational metal reclamation business in respect of claims brought by the largest UK brewers alleging conspiracy to convert stainless steel beer kegs with pleaded losses in excess of £90m.
- Excalibur Ventures LLC v Texas Keystone Inc. and Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd (2014 – ) Acting for commercial litigation funders in respect of claims made by successful litigants that the funders should be required to pay very substantial sums in respect of costs.
- Barr v Biffa (2009 -2014) acting for landfill operator at trial, Court of appeal and retrial in respect of ‘class action’ claims arising from odour emanating from a landfill site.
- Vitol SA v Delta Petroleum 
- Islamic Investment Co. of the Gulf v Symphony Gems and others 
- Barr v Biffa Waste Services Ltd 
- Reid v. Capita plc and others 
- Fulham Leisure Holdings v Nicholson Graham & Jones 
Regulatory & Associated Public Law
Ian has extensive experience of appearing before the Queens’ Bench Divisional Court and the Administrative Court. His breadth of experience also includes directors disqualification experience and professional regulatory tribunals (solicitors and accountants). The years 2007/2008 saw him acting for the Ritz Hotel in the inquests into the deaths of HRH Princess of Wales and Mr Dodi al Fayed.