+44 (0)207 306 email@example.com
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Jack has a particular interest in trust work and regularly accepts instructions on a wide range of matters where trusts are involved.
Jack’s recent instructions include:
- Advising the administrator of a Cayman Islands trust in relation to an allegedly fraudulent appointment.
- Brudenell-Bruce v Moore and Cotton  EWHC 3679 (Ch): Acting with Clare Stanley QC in a three-week trial of a claim for breach of trust and the removal of trustees issues as to (a) the scope of trustees’ powers and duties to manage trust property (b) trustee remuneration (c) acquiescence and concurrence by beneficiaries (d) the relevant principles to be applied when considering whether to remove trustees and (e) the measure of damages for losses sustained by trusts.
- Acting for the settlor of several property trusts in seeking a declaration that certain of those properties are held on trust for his children as part of ongoing ancillary relief proceedings.
- Advising the trustees of several London properties as to the scope of their duties to carry out works to trust property and their ability to recover expenses from the fund.
- Advising the executors of a deceased’s estate as to the merits of an intimated claim in Jersey under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1982.
- Advising the settlor of a trust under the Schedule 1 Children Act as to a potential claim against his former solicitors for failing to settle on more advantageous terms.
- Acting for the beneficiary under a trust in seeking to have monies paid into court.
- Providing advice as to the scope of trustees’ powers and acting in respect of Inheritance Act Claims.