James Ayliffe QC
Call: 1987 QC: 2008
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Domestic Arbitration & ADR
James has wide experience of domestic arbitration and other forms of ADR.
He advises and acts as an advocate on arbitration proceedings and appeals as well as proceedings for the enforcement of arbitral awards.
He also assists clients with other forms of ADR, including mediations, expert determinations and early neutral evaluations.
Furthermore, he acts as an arbitrator, mediator (he has been an accredited mediator since 2011) and expert himself.
Some representative cases include:
- representing a FTSE 100 company in a highly complex arbitration concerning the proper interpretation of contractual arrangements for the disposal of properties within a large UK real estate portfolio;
- representing a successful and long-established firm of accountants in an arbitration concerning the rights of a retiring partner to dissolve the firm;
- representing an investor in a hotel development project in a bitterly fought arbitration to determine his and his co-investors respective liabilities to one another;
- acting as arbitrator in a dispute between owners of a restaurant business;
- acting as mediator in the resolution of a seemingly intractable dispute arising out of a software licence agreement; and
- assisting a well-known UK property fund in relation to an expert determination of issues relating to profit share arrangements with a development partner.