+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
James undertakes a variety of commercial work, both in his own right and as part of a larger team.
Recent instructions include:
- Acting, led by Marcia Shekerdemian QC, in an application to set aside an administration order on grounds of improper purpose and COMI: Thomas v Frogmore Real Estate Partners GP1 Ltd  EWHC 25 (Ch)
- Acting as sole junior (led by Graeme Halkerston) in a multi-jurisdictional fraud claim, in particular in relation to applications for Worldwide Freezing Orders and Disclosure Orders in the Cayman Islands and the Bahamas
- Acting in a major commercial breach of contract case against a major bank in respect of the sale of a portfolio of non-performing loans
- Acting (led by Martin Hutchings QC) for a defendant property developer in respect of a large dispute over architectural services
- Acting as sole counsel for a defendant forex broker in relation to a substantial claim for unlawful commissions and trading losses
- Advising (alongside Harris Bor) in a large claim brought by a Kuwaiti investor for losses in respect of property developments in various jurisdictions
- Acting, as part of a large team, in litigation brought by a US investor concerning losses in investment companies in Eastern Europe
- Assisting Lawrence Cohen QC in Planck v Tinsel, a shareholder dispute concerning one of the world’s largest energy traders.
- Assisting Lawrence Cohen QC in Symrise v BM, a professional negligence claim arising out of the Mexican tax implications of a highly leveraged acquisition by a private equity fund.
James also has extensive experience of acting as sole counsel in significant contractual disputes, the subject matter of which has ranged from the international sale of car polish products to the provision of consultancy services for anaerobic digestion plants.