+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
James has a busy pensions practice. Recent instructions include:
- The Pensions Regulator: James regularly acts both for TPR and for Targets in respect ofregulatory action brought by the Regulator. The nature of such projects is often confidential,but James has significant experience of the Regulator’s powers to impose Financial SupportDirections and under s. 231 of the Pensions Act 2004.
- Bloxwich Pension Scheme. James was instructed alongside Jonathan Hilliard QC to act for the defendant law firm facing professional negligence claims in relation to an alleged failure to equalise scheme benefits.
- The wide-ranging and substantial litigation concerning the BA pension schemes
James also has a wide advisory practice in relation to matters concerning pensions. Recent example include advice in respect of:
- appeals from the pension ombudsman.
- The recovery of pension payments made by mistake.
- Whether benefits under a pension scheme form part of a bankruptcy estate.