+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
James is building a busy pensions practice. Recent instructions include:
- Acting for target respondents in proceedings brought by the Pensions Regulator seeking to impose a Financial Support Direction in respect of three defined benefit schemes
- Bloxwich Pension Scheme. James was instructed alongside Jonathan Hilliard QC to act for the defendant law firm facing professional negligence claims in relation to an alleged failure to equalise scheme benefits.
- The wide-ranging and substantial litigation concerning the BA pension schemes
James also has a wide advisory practice in relation to matters concerning pensions. Recent example include advice in respect of:
- appeals from the pension ombudsman.
- The recovery of pension payments made by mistake.
- Whether benefits under a pension scheme form part of a bankruptcy estate.