+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
James has considerable experience of disputes involving areas of professional liability in the context of property, estates, and pensions, where he has acted for both defendants and claimants. His recent cases include:
- Acting (as junior to Joanna Smith QC) in the defence of a liquidator accused of having sold millions of pounds worth of assets belonging to third parties (Euromex Ventures Ltd v BNP Paribas & Others  EWHC 3007 (Ch)). The defence was wholly successful, and the claimants were ordered to pay indemnity costs.
- Acting (as junior to Michael Furness QC) for the defendants in a substantial professional negligence claim relating to an alleged failure validly to effect equalisation in four pension schemes.
- Acting for the claimant in multi-million pound proceedings brought against the solicitors and investment advisers to a pension scheme for advice given regarding the scheme’s investment strategy.
- Acting (as junior to Joanna Smith QC) for the Claimant in a multi-million pound claim against solicitors for allegedly negligent drafting and advice in relation to the overage provisions in an agreement for the purchase of a substantial London office building.
- Acting as sole counsel in a wide range of matters, including in matters relating to solicitors (for negligence in among other things conveyancing, inheritance matters, and the conduct of litigation), barristers, financial advisors, surveyors and managing agents, and architects.