+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Jamie has a broad and busy practice that encompasses all of Chambers’ work. He appears as sole counsel and as a junior in both the High Court and County Court, for instructing solicitors
based across the country and internationality; with significant experience working day-to-day in teams based in multiple time zones around the world. His principle practice areas are in contentious and advisory work concerning:
- Commercial litigation, including Insolvency and Civil Fraud
- Property, including Landlord & Tenant
- Trusts, Estates & Probate
- Arbitration, including International Commercial Arbitration
Notable recent instructions in contentious matters include:
- Regularly appearing in the County and High Court in:
– company insolvency and bankruptcy matters;
– property disputes, including landlord and tenant and possession claims of all kinds; and
– commercial and procedural disputes of all kinds.
- Acting for Trustees in the pensions regulatory action concerning the Silentnight DB Scheme, which resulted in the recently reported decision of the Admin Court in Grace Bay II Holdings Sarl v The Pensions Regulator  EWHC 7 (Admin);  Pens L.R. 7 (with Jonathan Hilliard QC).
- Acting for claimants in an 8-day trial in US$60m ICC proceedings in Singapore, as part of an international team based in both Asia and the United States, concerning claims for breach of contract in relation to a petrochemical plant (with Graeme Halkerston).
- Acting for defendants to £60m proceedings in the Commercial Court alleging liability under foreign law for preventing the enforcement of a US$200m NAI arbitration award (with Elspeth Talbot Rice QC and Graeme Halkerston)
- Acting for defendants to £13m civil fraud proceedings in the Companies Court arising out of an insolvency (with Marcia Shekerdermian QC).
- Acting for defendants in banking proceedings in Leeds District Registry of the Chancery Division arising out a special administration pursuant to the Investment Bank Special Administration Regulations (with Nicholas Medcroft)-
- Acting for foreign government claimants in civil fraud asset recovery proceedings in the Commercial Court, including seeking orders for preservation of assets and evidence (with David Phillips QC and Nikki Singla QC)