+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan’s principal professional liability work arises out of his property, commercial and pensions work. This involves acting for and against a wide range of professions: accountants, solicitors, construction professionals and trustees. He has also appeared in the Privy Council in a veterinary professional negligence claim (RCVS v Holmes  UKPC 48).
Examples of Jonathan’s professional liability work include:
- MASNOL v Cripps Harries Hall  EWHC 2483 (Ch). Led by Jonathan Seitler QC, Jonathan successfully defended two lawyers accused of an £11 million conveyancing fraud arising out of buy-to-let lending in 2007. The individuals involved were fully exonerated of the dishonesty accusations against them.
- Caliendo v Mishcon de Reya  EWHC 150 (Ch). One of the Lawyer’s “Top 20 Cases of 2015.” Jonathan, led by Ian Croxford QC and Clare Stanley QC, successfully acted for the defendant firm in defeating a professional negligence claim brought arising out of the sale of QPR football club to Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone in 2007.
- Acting with Joanna Smith QC on a FRC investigation into a major audit firm and certain employees of an AIM-listed company arising out of the business’ collapse and restructuring.
- (Twintec v Volkerfitzpatrick  BLR 150.) A construction professional negligence claim which was one of The Lawyer’s “Top 20 Cases of 2014” where a tenant was claiming over £100m against its landlord, with contribution claims against contractors and subcontractors. Jonathan was led by Joanna Smith QC in the dispute relating to a wine factory in the South West and successfully obtained an interim injunction in that case restraining adjudication.
- Successfully defending a solicitors’ firm in a county court trial arising out of the inheritance tax consequences of a sale of property and distribution of proceeds.