Jonathan Hilliard QC
Call: 2003 QC: 2016
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Jonathan is the youngest barrister currently recommended by Chambers & Partners in Band 1 of juniors.
He regularly acts on his own account, whether by himself or leading a junior junior, against QCs.
Apart from the cases listed below, he is currently involved in a significant number of rectification and construction claims and associated professional negligence actions.
Over the last few years, his reported cases have included the following:
- British Airways – listed for 6 week trial in autumn 2016.
- Box Clever [2011 – date] CA, UT and DP unled against Michael Furness QC and Lord Pannick QC; final UT hearing listed for early 2018.
- Pensions liberation fraud case- listed for 2 ½ weeks in autumn 2017.
- Pollock v Reed (2016)- acted for tPR in a series of hearings over a pension restructuring.
- MNRPF (2014/5)- acted for Stena Line in dispute over broadening the pool of contributing employers, culminating in a 20 day final hearing.
- Becker v Fellowes v tPR  Acted unled against commercial silk and junior in relation to a number of pension liberations issue.
- Bestrustees v Singer & Friedlander - calculation of s.75 debt.
- Pi Consulting v tPR and Dalriada v tPR  Acted in a number of hearings concerning pensions liberation, in cases where a number of QCs and senior juniors involved for other parties.
- MNRPF (2010) First instance and CA in 2010/11 proceedings.
- BT Pension Scheme Trustees (first instance, CA, including a number of unled hearings).
- FSS Pension Scheme  Crown Guarantee issues; led by Tim Kerr QC and dealt orally with the technical pension points.
- Storm Funding  First instance and CA; appeal listed for 10.2014.
- Lehman FSD  DP and UT; final hearing listed for 2.2015.
- Nortel & Lehman v tPR insolvency proceedings [2010-2013] first instance, CA and SC)
- Nortel v tPR  (s.72 PA 2004 dispute.
- Pilots National Pension Fund [2009-2014].
- ITS v Hope .
- ITS v GP Noble [2009-2013].
- Sea Containers v Gellately .
- Low v Bonar .
- Bridge Trustees v Yates [2010-2011]; CA, SC.
- Bonas CN .
- Nortel FSD .