+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph has a busy commercial practice, encompassing both contentious and advisory work.
His recent contentious experience includes:
- successfully resisting (unled against a specialist commercial silk) an application for permission to appeal against a refusal to grant summary judgment in a multi-million pound civil fraud case;
- acting in a claim for breach of contract against a high-street retailer, in relation to its failure to pay subscription fees for a business intelligence software package;
- acting in several claims seeking commission on behalf of agents and introducers;
- acting for the operator of an online spread-betting platform in relation to alleged abusive trading strategies employed by one of its clients; and
- appearing in numerous applications under the Insolvency Act 1986 and the Companies Act 2006, including in relation to winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
His recent advisory experience includes:
- advising the lead claimant in a large financial services class action on the terms of a power of attorney;
- advising an isotonic sports drink manufacturer on the terms of international distribution agreements; and
- advising a leading provider of marine products as to whether its ordering processes successfully incorporated its standard terms.