+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Julian regularly acts and advises in relation to a wide range of business and commercial disputes. Julian appeared for the successful appellants in the case of Chartbrook Limited v Persimmon Homes Limited  1 AC 1101, the leading case on contractual rectification and the correction of mistakes by construction, and one of the most important cases in commercial contract law of recent years.
Notable recent cases include:
- Blueco Limited v BWAT Retail Nominee (1) Limited  EWCA Civ 154. Appearing for the successful respondents both at trial and on appeal in a dispute over the interpretation of a pre-emptive right to acquire a share in the income from the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent.
- Norcros Estates Limited v Optimisation Developments Limited (2014) (Chancery Division, ongoing). Acting for the claimant in a claim for damages for repudiatory breach of an agreement for the purchase of a retail development site in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Evolve Capital Plc v Hoskins (2013). Acting for the claimant in a claim to enforce security given for a loan made for the purpose of investment in a share offering.
- Matchtrack Limited v Lawrence Grant Kirschel (2012) (Chancery Division). Advising and acting for the claimant company in a dispute over the fee payable to an intermediary by a landower.
- Cobbetts LLP v Hodge  1 BCLC 30 (Chancery Division). Appearing for a firm of solicitors in a claim to recover a secret profit earned in breach of fiduciary duty in acting on a share sale.
- Chartbrook Limited v Persimmon Homes Limited  1 AC 1101 (House of Lords). Appearing for the successful appellants for a dispute over the interpretation and rectification of the overage provisions in a development agreement.