+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Julian has a wide-ranging professional liability practice including acting and advising in relation to claims against solicitors, surveyors, valuers, land agents, financial professionals, and insurance brokers. He has a particular expertise in dealing with professional liability claims arising out of complex property transactions or litigation in which his real property and landlord and tenant expertise enable him to add important knowledge and understanding to the claim against the professional.
Notable recent cases include:
- PGF II SA v Sanderson Weatherall LLP (2012-14). Advising and acting for defendant surveyors in a negligence claim arising out of dilapidations litigation concerning a commercial building in the City of London.
- Advising a school in relation to a potential claim against its insurance broker following a pollution incident at the school’s premises (2013, and ongoing).
- Cobbetts LLP v Hodge  1 BCLC 30 (Chancery Division). Appearing for a firm of solicitors in a claim to recover a secret profit earned by one of their solicitors in breach of fiduciary duty whilst acting on a share sale.
- Arisdale One Ltd et al v Solectron and Derrick Wade & Waters Ltd (2009) (Chancery Division). Appearing for the defendant vendors in a claim against them and their selling agent for alleged misrepresentations on the sale of three industrial units.
- Nicholson v Knox Ukiwa (a firm)  PNLR 33 (Queen’s Bench Division). Appearing at trial for the claimant in a claim for negligent settlement of a third generation professional negligence claim for mishandled litigation.
- Woollard v Rensburg Sheppards Investment Management Limited (2006) (High Court, Cardiff District Registry). Appearing at trial for the successful defendant firm in a claim for negligent investment advice.