Lexa Hilliard QC
Call: 1987 QC: 2009
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking & Finance
Lexa’s expertise in commercial and company litigation has increasingly led her into advising on banking and financial disputes. In particular, she receives instructions to advise in connection with complex banking and debt instruments.
Representative cases include:
- Solo Capital Partners LLP  EWHC 3654 (Ch) application to place investment bank into administration pursuant to Investment Bank Special Administration Regulations 2011, issues concerning proceeds of crime and authority where no directors acting.
- PDHL Limited (2016): acting for PDHL’s financier in connection with the consequences of the withdrawal by the FCA of PDHL’s FSMA 2000 authorisation.
- Banco BTG Pactual SA (2015): instructed on behalf of the Bank to advise on the construction of a subordination clause in a bridging facility.
- Glitnir Bank (2012-2014): instructed on behalf of the Winding up Board of Glitnir Bank to provide expert opinions and advice on English law in connection with a number of different claims by creditors. Issues have included the construction of an ISDA agreements, a claim under a guarantee and the construction of loan notes.
- Co-op Bank (2012): instructed in relation to the drafting of a bank savings scheme which would survive insolvency.
- Commerzbank v. Kaupthing Bank HF (2011): instructed on behalf of Kaupthing Bank HF (in liquidation in Iceland) in connection with a claim arising out of an ISDA Master Agreement and rights of set-off.