Lexa Hilliard QC
Call: 1987 QC: 2009
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lexa is recommended by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 in this practice area.
Her practice extends to all aspects of company law including directors’ duties, technical company law points and shareholder disputes.
She is a contributor to “Company Directors, Duties, Liabilities and Remedies” (OUP 3rd Ed Mortimore).
“Exceptional layer and a pleasure to work with – a class act.” Chambers & Partners 2018
“She is extremely practical, gets along really well with clients and is respected by the bench.” Chambers & Partners 2017
“Recommended for large shareholder disputes.” Legal 500 2017
Representative cases include:
- Re SEL Limited (2018): advising a large privately owned company re: dividends and other matters.
- SS Agri Power Ltd  EWHC 241 (Ch) &  EWHC 3563 (Ch): resisting application for to restrain appointment of receiver over company and subsequently resisting objection to appointment of administrators on grounds of perceived bias.
- In re LBGP No 1 Ltd  EWHC 864 (Ch) applications to resolve various issues in relation to the general partner of various limited partnerships in Lehman Group.
- Guralp Holdings & Ors v Guralp & Ors (2017) – claim for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty against directors arising out of alleged bribery of overseas agent.
- Lime Petroleum Plc ORD 16/001 Isle of Man, acting for the successful company and targeted directors in the first reported case under s.175 of the Isle of Man Companies Act 2006 in a hard fought application by a minority shareholder to bring a derivative action against the directors.
- Re B Limited: (2016) acting for the Company in action against the director for breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy.
- Re Burry & Knight Ltd  1 WLR 4046 instructed on behalf of a shareholder in the Court of Appeal on the construction of new provisions of the Companies Act 2006, access to information and right to inspect and take copies of the register of members.