Lexa Hilliard QC
Call: 1987 QC: 2009
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Lexa advises on and litigates claims for negligence against professionals including directors, auditors, solicitors, insolvency practitioners (IPs) and investment advisers.
“Excellent client skills, a pleasure to work with and is an extremely good advocate.” Chambers & Partners 2017
“A fantastic advocate.” The Legal 500 2016
Representative cases include:
- Re a firm of solicitors (2017) (confidential) acting in a claim against a firm of solicitors for loss caused by acting without authority.
- Lime Petroleum Plc (2016): acting on behalf of the directors of oil and gas joint venture company incorporated in the Isle of Man to defend negligence and breach of fiduciary duty claims against them.
- Stanford Bank v Nigel Hamilton Smith, Peter Wastel & Anr (2015): instructed on behalf of the firm of the former joint liquidators of Stanford Bank, Antigua, in connection with a negligence claim that has been issued against the firm in Antigua by Stanford Bank, acting by the current joint liquidators.
- McCausland v Drenagh Farms Limited (2014): instructed to appear in the High Court, Northern Ireland on behalf of the administrator of a large estate in Northern Ireland in connection with a claim that the administrator had negligently disposed of the estate at an undervalue and failed to rescue the company as a going concern.
- P(UK) Realisations Limited (2014 and ongoing): instructed on behalf of the liquidators of an English company in connection with allegations by a Chinese corporate creditor of negligence and misfeasance by the liquidators.
- Perpetual PMLC v Marlborough & Others (2013): instructed by Guernsey Advocates on behalf of professional directors in a negligence claim against them in Guernsey.
- Freddy Kalatschi v. Shay Bannon & Michael Simons (2012): instructed on behalf of the defendants in a claim for professional negligence and misfeasance against the former administrators (case settled).
- X v. Deloitte LLP (2011): instructed on behalf of an insolvent company in relation to negligence claim against former auditors (settled after mediation).