Martin Hutchings QC
Call: 1986 QC: 2011
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin acts in professional liability matters relating to property professionals including valuers, solicitors and barristers. Martin is involved in numerous claims both for and against property professionals including valuers, managing agents, solicitors and barristers.
He acted for the successful claimant in Larksworth v H.B Surveyors Ltd  in which the claimant recovered substantial damages arising from a surveyor’s negligent failure to advise on time limits for the issuing of a compulsory purchase compensation claim.
Recently he has acted in multiple claims for West Bromwich Building Society in negligence actions aganist commercial valuers.
Martin is involved in a number of substantial property-related professional negligence claims including:
- Acting for a high street bank in several lenders’ claims against a variety of valuers.
- Defending a national firm of solicitors in relation to allegations concerning the wrongful appointment of a property receiver.
- Acting for the claimant in claims against a solicitor for negligence involving title issues regarding a high-profile residential development.
- Acting for the claimant in a claim against managing agents for negligence in the management of several blocks of flats.
- Defending solicitors in a claim relating to leasehold enfranchisement proceedings (Katchukian v Kosky Seal ).
- Defending lawyers in a claim arising from advice given as to the enforceability of development agreements (Ridgewood v Kilpatrick Stockton LLP and Otters ).