+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Michael is building a busy pensions practice. His recent experience includes:
- British Airways v Airways Pension Scheme Trustee Ltd. Acting for British Airways in a long-running claim against the trustees of the Airways Pension Scheme for alleged breaches of trust in the exercise of discretionary powers, culminating in a 7-week trial before Morgan J, reported at  EWHC 1191 (Ch) (with Michael Tennet QC and Sebastian Allen).
- Wolverhampton City Council v Mitie Property Services (UK) Ltd. Acting for the defendant employer in a claim brought by Wolverhampton as Administering Authority of the West Midlands Pension Fund in the Local Government Pension Scheme (with Michael Tennet QC and Sebastian Allen.
- Pollock v Reed. Acting for the employer in the trustees’ application for blessing of a bulk transfer without member consent (with Robert Ham QC)
- Acting (as sole counsel) for the employer in claim by trustees for rectification of the indexation provisions of the scheme rules.
- Advising the Pensions Ombudsman on technical questions connected with pension uprating, arising out of member complaints.
- Advising scheme trustees in connection with the independent advice requirement in section 48 of the Pension Schemes Act 2015.
- Acting for a defendant employer in a dispute over contractual entitlement to CPI or RPI pension increases.
- Advising scheme trustees and employers on powers of amendment and Courage fetters.