+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
“The ‘commercially savvy’ Nikki Singla is one of the finest junior barristers to be found” The Legal 500.
“His advocacy both oral and written is top-notch” Chambers UK Bar 2017
Nikki is recognised as one of the leading juniors in commercial and business litigation and has significant trial experience and expertise. A significant part of his practice is arbitration, both domestic and international and he has experience in acting in institutional arbitrations, ICC, LCIA, DIAC and SCC and ad hoc arbitrations under the Arbitration Act. He has acted as sole counsel, and lead counsel in several domestic and international arbitrations in front of sole arbitrators and arbitration panels.
His arbitration cases cover his breadth of expertise and include a wide range of commercial and business disputes particularly in the fields of complex contracts, joint ventures and director and shareholder disputes, IP licensing agreements, media and entertainment, and professional negligence and company and partnership law.
His recent arbitration cases include:
- A v B (Stockholm Chamber of Commerce Arbitration): Acting for the defendant in the trial of a several billion dollar gas transit arbitration between state parties in relation to one of the world’s largest transit pipelines.
- E v D (Football Association Arbitration, Rule K): Acting for Premiership footballer in the trial of claims of breach of contract by a former football agent.
- T v D (Ad hoc Arbitration): Acting for solicitor excluded from a firm of solicitors in the trial of claims for breach of contract, good faith and other partnership duties.
- A v B (DIAC arbitration in Dubai): Acted in the trial for the claimant company building the world’s largest theme park in Dubai against contractors and designers alleged to have acted in breach of the design contract and defending counterclaim for lost profits arising on termination.
- Leeds United FC v Football League (Football Association Arbitration, Rule K): Acting for Leeds FC against the Football League in the trial of the claim to set aside the 15-point penalty imposed on club.
- P v P (LCIA): Acting for Russian claimant in a commercial dispute with his former joint venture partner over the division of substantial assets, gold and iron mining rights, and corporate participation interests worth several billion dollars, formerly held jointly but now separation sought.
- MB v AB (Ad hoc Arbitration): Acted for the well-known TV celebrity in a claim against a popular TV broadcasting channel over the cancellation of a substantial entertainment contract for alleged misconduct by the celebrity in his personal life.
- AB v CD (Ad hoc Arbitration): Acted for large care home service provider in its dispute over wrongful termination of large local authority contracts for care home service provision and lost profits arising in consequence.
- X v Y (ICC): Acted for a South African manufacturer of weapons in its dispute against a US licence holder which had contracted for the provision of arms to Iraq.