+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas practises a range of commercial litigation and advisory work, including disputes regarding banking relationships, telecoms and information technology litigation, and other contractual disputes. Thomas has been involved in mediations both as junior and sole counsel.
Notable cases include:
- CMHC v Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited (in Special Liquidation)  EWCA Civ 7 and  EWHC 23109 Ch. Dispute over the implication of a term in a facility agreement not to hinder an exit strategy agreed between lender and borrower. Led by Alan Gourgey QC, instructed by Herbert Smith Freehills LLP.
- Hamilton-Smith & Wastell v CMS Cameron McKenna LLP  EWHC 1115 (Ch). Anti-suit injunction in claim of professional negligence by insolvency practitioners against solicitors arising out of the liquidation of Stanford International Bank in Antigua. Instructed by Clyde & Co LLP.
- Courtwood Holdings SA v Woodley Properties Ltd & Ors  EWHC 1168 (Ch). Three day application to strike out arising out of proper construction of deed of assignment. Sole counsel. Instructed by Isadore Goldman.
- Re Desmond & Sons Ltd  Pens LR 1 Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery Chamber) decision concerning obligations of directors to maintain privilege on behalf of company once dissolved. No other authority on the point.
- Instructed by a major IT company in relation to multi-billion pound government contract. Led by Alan Gourgey QC (2011-2012).
- Instructed by House of Fraser in TCC proceedings against a major high street bank concerning the operation of House of Fraser’s customer store card IT systems. Led by Alan Gourgey QC, case settled (2010).
- Instructed in adjudication of two multi-million pound contractual disputes arising out of major ongoing defence IT contract. Issues included rectification, the law of set-off and construction. Led by Alan Gourgey QC (2009).