+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany is recommended by Chambers & Partners 2017 as an established junior in this field, with a versatile skill set, who is “extremely good at handling appeals and is a good draftswoman”. She was ranked in the 2016 edition as a “highly regarded junior … good to work with, clever and reliable” and in the 2015 edition as a “seasoned commercial chancery litigator” who is “very calm and methodical … her manner inspires confidence even in adverse circumstances. She is a brilliant, self-assured advocate who is a real asset to any team”.
She has been recommended in Chambers Global for several years as a leading junior in the field of Dispute Resolution: Commercial Chancery, who is “Exceptionally bright and hard-working. She makes the advice very easy to understand when tackling subjects that are very, very difficult.”
She has experience in ‘business’ litigation of all kinds, often with an international element, including fund and partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, including s994 petitions, claims against fiduciaries, and claims arising out of insolvency and civil fraud.
She undertakes a variety of cases with a financial services element including claims arising out of poor investment advice or mis-selling, professional negligence claims in the financial services field and other related actions (such as actions by trustees or against pension providers) requiring analysis of the performance of investments for the purpose of assessing damages.
She has experience dealing with claims requiring consideration of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the Conduct of Business Rules and she has also, over the years, dealt with claims involving previous regulatory regimes including the rules of FIMBRA, the Personal Investment Authority, and LAUTRO.
Recent cases include:
- Currently acting in an unfair prejudice petition combined with proceedings seeking specific performance of buy-out provisions in a shareholders’ agreement, alleging breach of a good faith provision
- Currently acting in an unfair prejudice petition relating to a family-run cosmetics manufacturing company and its Chinese operations.
- Currently acting in an arbitration for a property developer in a joint venture dispute with a landowner relating to the development of an estate of houses involving complex questions of agency and authority.
- Currently acting for a trustee in bankruptcy attempting to resolve long-running issues in dealing with numerous properties which the bankrupt purchased with money obtained from banks by fraud, raising complicated issues of trusts of property interests and land registration.
- Axle Holdings v Letter  – a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of warranty against the vendors of shares in a luxury vehicle company with a sale price of $52 million.
- Investec Bank (Channel Islands) Ltd v Kamyab  – acting for the bank in a claim to recover millions of pounds secured against various properties, which the Defendant alleged had been put into trust.
- Vocational Health Services v BMI Healthcare  – acting in a claim by a consortium of doctors against a major healthcare provider in relation to a failed joint venture, involving allegations of conspiracy.
- Garrard v Salter  – acting in a dispute arising out of a joint venture/partnership establishing a venture capital business.
- Taylor v Peacock Financial Management  – representing a financial services provider in negligence proceedings relating to the investment of trust funds.
- Kelly v Fraser  UKPC 25 – appearing un-led in the Privy Council in an estoppel claim relating to the transfer of a pension between Jamaican pension funds and dealing with general principles of ostensible authority and detriment.
- Advising and representing minority shareholders in a dispute in relation to the management of two well-known London restaurants.
- Advising a former director/shareholder as to the negligent drafting of an agreement for his exit from the company.
- Advising in relation to the breakdown of a joint venture to establish a company providing procurement solutions for the construction industry.
- A multi-jurisdictional dispute between high net worth individuals as to joint venture and loan agreements relating to the purchase, refurbishment and subsequent operation of a floating oil storage off-loading vessel in Thailand.
- Acting for Flavio Briatore in claim brought by Italian fashion designer regarding alleged joint venture to establish a worldwide fashion couture business under the ‘Billionaire’ trademark.
- Acting for Vivian Imerman in a high-profile dispute with Robert Tchenguiz regarding the breakdown of a joint venture, involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of directors’ duties, dishonesty, taking of secret profits and unjust enrichment.