+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany has an established reputation in the area of professional liability and has been recommended as a leading junior in this field by The Legal 500 for some years. The current 2016 edition describes her as “excellent”, the 2015 edition described her as “a first-rate advocate”, and the 2014 edition commented that she is “very persuasive and adaptable on her feet”. She undertakes a wide variety of professional negligence work, whether acting for claimants or for the insured, in claims against solicitors, barristers, accountants, trustees, surveyors, construction professionals, finance practitioners (including pension advisers) and insurance brokers.
Much of her work in this area is property or trust related but she also undertakes a variety of cases with a financial services element including claims arising out of poor investment advice or mis-selling and other related actions requiring analysis of the performance of investments for the purpose of assessing damages.
She has experience dealing with claims requiring consideration of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the Conduct of Business Rules and she has also, over the years, dealt with claims involving previous regulatory regimes including the rules of FIMBRA, the Personal Investment Authority, and LAUTRO.
Recent cases include:
- Orientfield Holdings Ltd v Bird & Bird  EWCA Civ 348,  PNLR 33 – acting for solicitors in a claim alleging negligence in a real estate transaction, relating to obtaining and reporting on a Plansearch. The case at first instance was listed by The Lawyer as one of the top 20 cases of 2015.
- RDC v Howard Kennedy (2017) – acting for the owner of a retail development in a claim against its solicitors for failing to advise it properly as to service of a notice under an agreement for lease.
- Currently acting for a group of 60 overseas investors who paid deposits for the purchase of flats yet to be built in England, seeking damages from the solicitors who advised on the transactions and alleging a failure to warn about the risks associated with certain deposit protection bonds.
- Currently acting for solicitors in a claim arising out of allegedly negligent representation in Court proceedings relating to fractional interests in properties, involving complex loss of a chance issues.
- Advising a major institutional investor as to potential solicitors’ negligence proceedings arising out of its investment in a large well-known shopping centre.
- Representing a firm of investment advisers in proceedings brought by a beneficiary of a trust alleging that negligent financial advice had been provided to the trustees.
- Advising and representing insured clients in various disputes arising out of allegedly negligent conveyancing and property surveys and valuations.
- Advising a former director/shareholder in relation to the negligent drafting of an agreement for his exit from the company.