+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
The vast majority of Tom’s cases arise in a commercial context.
Illustrative cases include:
- Appearing (unled) in a two-day arbitration in Doha on behalf of a DIFC based client
concerning the provision of security services in the oil and gas industry.
- Acting (with Tim Penny QC) on a claim brought by Hong Kong clients against the
vendors of an international armoured car manufacturer for fraudulent breach of
warranty and diversion of corporate opportunities.
- Acting, on an English appeal, for a DIFC based client seeking to strike out a claim
brought by a former prospective joint venture partner under an alleged UAE-law
- Advising on Cayman law aspects of Hong Kong based litigation concerning the
ownership of investment fund assets.
- Acting on a claim brought in the BVI Commercial Court to enforce multi-million dollar
- Advising judgment creditors on the enforcement of a multi-million dollar Texan
judgment against the assets of Bahamian companies connected with the judgment
debtor (with Tim Penny QC) (2016).
- Appearing in the Dubai World Tribunal for the multi-day trial of a $50m claim bought
by an Egyptian labour supply company against a port owner accused of conspiring to
cause the labour force to breach their employment contracts with the claimant and
transfer to the employment of a state owned entity: Platinum Services Company EJSC
v. DP World Ltd DWT 005/2013  (with Rupert Reed QC)
- Appearing in the BVI Commercial Court on a contested three day application to
stay insolvency proceedings brought by loan note holders in the BVI in favour of a
multibillion dollar court supervised restructuring of the OAS group of companies in
Brazil (with Tom Lowe QC ) (2015)
- Advising upon and drafting proceedings in support of a claim to recover some $2m
said unlawfully to have been withheld under a misapplied profit-share agreement in
connection with FX trading (2015)
- Heavy involvement in aspects of Cayman litigation concerning claims against the
former custodian and administrator of a Madoff feeder-fund (in liquidation) (2015;
while on secondment)
- Acting with Michael Bloch QC in a claim to set aside a shipping arbitration award on
the ground that the award had been procured by fraud: Nestor Maritime SA v Sea
Anchor Shipping Co Ltd  EWHC 83 (Comm).
- Advising in relation to and preparing the documentation for an anti-suit injunction
application to restrain the pursuit of a US $600m fraud claim in Oklahoma in breach of
an exclusive jurisdiction clause in favour of the English High Court (acting with Michael
Bloch QC and Charles Hollander QC).