+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom has experience of advising and acting in professional liability claims against solicitors, conveyancers, accountants, book-keepers, corporate finance advisors, surveyors, valuers, directors and trustees.
Illustrative cases include:
- Advising on a potential professional negligence claim against solicitors arising from alleged failures in serving a claim form out of the jurisdiction
- Working, on behalf of the former trustees on the Guernsey Court of Appeal and Privy Council appeals arising from the first instance Guernsey decision of Lieutenant Bailiff Chadwick in the Tchenguiz trust litigation. The case concerned, amongst other issues, the extent of the former trustees’ entitlement to an indemnity in circumstances where they were alleged to have incurred liability grossly negligently and/or unreasonably
- Working (on behalf of defendant fund administrators and custodians) on claims brought by liquidators of Madoff feeder-funds
- Acting (with John Wardell QC) in professional negligence claims against a leading accountancy firm in respect of allegedly negligent audits and corporate finance advice connected with a corporate acquisition
- Acting on a claim by an Isle of Man company against one of its former directions in connection with unnecessary legal fees incurred in the pursuit of hopeless litigation.
- Frequent instructions on negligence actions arising from mortgage lending
- Acting for a claimant seeking damages from a solicitor who failed to advise as to the location of a sewer on the purchase of land, which prevented a planned development