+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tom has a growing body of experience of pensions law, particularly in the regulatory context.
Illustrative cases include:
- Acting for the Pensions Regulator on a high profile moral hazard investigation
- Acting (with Robert Ham QC) for the trustees of the Docklands Light Railway Pensions Scheme in an ongoing funding dispute with the scheme’s current participating employer, Serco Limited. The case concerns the interpretation of a ‘contribution rule’, and the validity of previous demands for contributions raises the question of whether the statutory regime for the repair funding deficits should take precedence over provisions contained in a scheme’s rules
- Advising the Pensions Regulator and drafting Warning Notices in relation to suspected pensions liberation
- Appearing on behalf of The Pensions Regulator on an urgent application to replace pension trustees
- Acting on a pension trustee’s application for the court’s approval of the terms of a settlement agreement with the providers of spread-betting services who had offset losses and gains between beneficiary clients’ SIPP and personal trading accounts.
Tom has also acted as a clerk to the Determinations Panel of the Pensions Regulator.