Wilberforce Cayman Conference
Tuesday 22 September 2015
4.15pm onwards (registration 3.45pm)
The Ritz Carlton, Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
The Wilberforce Annual Cayman Conference will be taking place this year on Tuesday 22 September. The seminar sessions are listed below and the aim is to provide hand-out notes and cover key issues on each topic which will present opportunities for questions and general discussion.
Michael Furness QC
Terence Mowschenson QC
John Wardell QC
Tom Lowe QC
Martin Hutchings QC
Clare Stanley QC
- Setting aside judgments obtained by fraud
- Defending Trusts from attack – who pays the costs?
- The law against penalties: when will a clause go over the bar?
- Arbitration stays in offshore company and insolvency litigation
- Restructuring offshore companies in the Year of the Goat
- Principles of contractual interpretation and a move back to orthodoxy
- Quistclose trust