Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement)
Wilberforce Chambers is looking to recruit a Marketing Assistant on a 12-month placement (starting in June) to assist the Marketing and clerking/support teams with marketing activities including the organisation of its busy programme of events in the UK and internationally. The candidate will have completed two years of an undergraduate degree ideally focused on marketing and/or events management.
Supporting the Marketing & Business Development Manager and the Marketing Executive, you will be involved in all areas of marketing, working on multiple projects aimed to promote Chambers and our legal expertise across practice areas. This is an exciting opportunity to gain marketing and events experience at one of London’s leading barristers’ chambers. This role will involve a lot of organisation and creative skills, it is therefore essential that you are a strong communicator and possess a positive and enthusiastic approach at all times.
This role is likely to involve a mix of home and office-based working. As an organisation, the health and wellbeing of our staff is of utmost importance, and as such senior management are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus pandemic and how that effects employees’ return to the office (New Square, Lincoln’s Inn, London WC2A 3QP).
Testimonial from a past Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement): “I could not have had a better experience. The opportunity chambers offered me has enhanced my skills in countless ways including event management and marketing techniques. After two years of university learning the theory, it was great to be able to implement my knowledge into the role. I have been given the opportunity to be creative, have a valued opinion and be involved in day-to-day decisions as part of the team. Chambers have refined their workplace practices, mission and values that creates an environment so enjoyable to work in as part of a team. I was unsure of the direction I wanted to go in with a marketing/events career before my placement, however now I am ambitious to pursue a career in the legal industry which is all thanks to the support and education at Wilberforce Chambers.”
The salary for the position is £22,000, plus a non-refundable travel ticket advance.
To be considered for this opportunity you will be studying for an undergraduate degree focused on marketing and/or events – this role has been created for those enrolled on a sandwich course looking to gain industry experience following two years of full-time study.
To apply, please send the following to Hayley Eustace (contact details below):
- Your CV
- A completed application form (available to download here)
- A completed equality and diversity questionnaire (available to download here)
The closing date for applications is 26th April 2021.
Completed applications should be clearly marked “Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement) application” and submitted by email to:
Hayley Eustace – Marketing & Business Development Manager
Telephone: 0207 304 2899
- Demonstrable interest in pursuing a career in marketing and/or events
- Confidence/experience in learning new software skills
- Basic knowledge of social media
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience using video communication services such as Zoom, MS Teams and/or Google Meet
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong proof-reading skills
- Ability to prioritise workload across a number of different projects and demands, in a busy environment
- Prepared to work early mornings and evenings occasionally when events/webinars are taking place
Desirable – one or more of the following:
- Advanced knowledge of social media (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Experience producing copy for website and print
- Experience using the Adobe suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop)
- Experience in organising events