Alan Gourgey QC
Call: 1984 QC: 2003
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
“A popular silk known for his intellectual agility and strong advocacy skills”, Alan has long been recommended in the legal directories for commercial dispute resolution as well as commercial chancery work. He is also recommended in the related areas of civil fraud and information technology disputes. He has a “formidable reputation”; his experience covering a very wide variety of areas such as joint venture and shareholder disputes, claims involving banks and other financial institutions, contractual disagreements and complex commercial litigation generally. Clients praise the fact that he is “incredibly bright and hardworking; a real team player”.
His recent experience includes:
- JSC Bank of Moscow v Kekhman  EWHC 791 (Comm): acting for bank in successful claims for over $150m in respect of deceit and unlawful dissipation of assets. Claims brought under article 1064 of Russian Civil Code.
- Gazprom v Nafogaz: acting for Gazprom in two SCC arbitrations relating to gas pricing and transit disputes. Awards delivered in December 2017 and February 2018in these multi billion dollar disputes.
- IPCO (Nigeria) Limited v Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation: acting for claimant seeking to resist an arbitration award for US$152m plus interest being set aside on the grounds that it was allegedly procured by fraud. Action settled at trial early 2018.
- Roussev: acting for party in various ongoing proceedings in Nevis and St Vincent relating to trust and contract disputes.
- Munroe v Bank of Scotland: acting for claimant in ongoing proceedings advancing swaps and LIBOR claims.
- A v B: acting for respondent defending proceedings to enforce an arbitration award for $2.5bn and in application to discharge freezing order.
- Gerald Metals SA v Timis  EWHC 1375 (Comm): acting for claimant in securing and the resisting the discharge of a freezing order in support of unlawful means conspiracy claim for circa $75m.
- Acting for a state gas company in ICC arbitration relating to gas supply contract. Around $5bn at stake.
- Libyan Investment Authority litigation: acting for a defendant in latest round of this long-running litigation concerning bribery claims.
- A v B: acting for claimant in a series of LCIA arbitrations concerning joint venture disputes.
- Interactive Technology Corporation v Ferster  EWHC 2896 (Ch): claim for breaches of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of assets and other wrong doing in respect of operation of an online gaming business. Together with an unfair prejudice position.
- Andanza Technologies v 724 Solutions & Ors: acting for defendants in relation to contract for internet optimization software where defendants are facing claims of circa $200m.
- Westburg v Profitstar: acting for the claimant in proceedings in the BVI. Seeking to enforce a judgment of the Liechtenstein style court in the sum of $105m against securities.