+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Anna is recognised as a leading junior in the field of Commercial Chancery in the 2018 edition of Chambers and Partners.
She acts in a variety of commercial disputes and has particular experience of cases involving allegations of fraud and asset preservation/disclosure (including relating to offshore trusts structures). She often acts on document-heavy cases involving significant disclosure exercises and related interim applications.
Anna has particular experience, both acting as junior to leading counsel and as sole counsel, in obtaining and resisting various forms of interim relief, including:
- Norwich Pharmacal/third party disclosure orders
- Freezing and ancillary disclosure orders
- Search orders (including against third parties)
- Summary judgment/strike out applications
- Committal proceedings brought on the basis of allegations of contempt of court
She has experience in acting in large-scale and long running commercial cases, including acting for the claimant bank in the high profile Ablyazov litigation: multi-billion dollar claims in the Chancery Division and Commercial Court by a Kazakh bank against its former chairman for misappropriation of funds, involving multiple freezing, search and ancillary orders.
She also acted for the defendants to counterclaim in AK Investment v Kyrgyz Mobil Tel Limited which related to the alleged fraudulent misappropriation of a mobile telecommunications operator in Kyrgyzstan and which involved allegations of corruption against foreign courts and raised issues of jurisdiction and conflict of laws and the recognition of foreign judgments.
She has recently acted for the liquidators of the Weavering Macro Fixed Income Fund Limitedin their claim in the Grand Court in Cayman against the former auditors of a Cayman hedge fund which collapsed in 2009 following a major fraud by its founder.
Further examples of her recent work include:
- acting as sole counsel for a technology company in its claim against its former finance officer for the fraudulent misappropriation of funds. Anna successfully obtained freezing and disclosure orders against the defendant and the case settled before trial.
- acting as sole counsel for an individual defrauded through a bogus wine investment scheme and successfully obtaining freezing and disclosure orders.
- acting as sole counsel for a technology company, successfully defending a contractual claim brought against it by a former consultant
- acting as sole counsel for a luxury car company, defending a claim brought against it alleging breach of contract
- acting in committal proceedings brought on the basis of allegations of contempt of court for failing to comply with an order for disclosure of information/assets
- acting to resist the appointment of a receiver in proceedings in which freezing relief had been granted