+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Anna is recommended in the 2019 edition of Chambers & Partners as a “talented junior … who shines in civil fraud and insolvency work”.
She undertakes a wide range of contentious company and insolvency work including:
- bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings (including jurisdictional and service issues)
- shareholder disputes (including s.994 petitions and just and equitable winding up petitions)
- actions against directors for breach of duty by companies/liquidators
- antecedent transactions
- wrongful/fraudulent trading
Her recent work includes:
- acting for the liquidators of a Caymanian hedge fund in their claim against its former auditors
- acting for the liquidators of an English company in their claims relating to antecedent transactions and wrongful trading against the company’s former directors
- acting for the former director of a company defending claims brought against him by the liquidators for alleged breach of his duties as director
- acting as sole counsel for a minority shareholder pursuing a claim under s.994 of the Companies Act 2006 for unfair prejudice in which it is alleged that the business and assets of the company have been unfairly diverted/transferred out of the company by the majority shareholders/directors
- acting as sole counsel for shareholders in a deadlocked company seeking s.994 relief/just and equitable winding up
- acting as sole counsel for the liquidators of a company pursuing an action against its former directors in relation to an alleged fraud perpetrated against a third party through the company
She is also a contributor to the 2018 addition of Kerr & Hunter, Receivers and Administrators (Sweet & Maxwell).