+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobby is a busy and successful commercial practitioner.
He has extensive experience of general commercial disputes, with a particular interest and expertise in civil fraud (with substantial experience of obtaining and responding to freezing injunctions and of other interim commercial remedies such as Norwich Pharmacal relief). Bobby is also often instructed on company and partnership matters.
Bobby’s work often includes an international element. Many of his cases relate to Russia/CIS, and he has been instructed in numerous offshore jurisdictions. He is also a member of the BVI bar,
Bobby appears frequently in the Commercial Court; dealing with commercial matters in the Chancery Division; and in arbitrations. He is well-suited to the demands of commercial work, and combines intellectual rigour with the tenacity needed to deal with high-value and complex claims.
Recent matters of note include:
- Acting as sole counsel for a defendant resisting a major Commercial Court fraud claim worth over £1 billion (ongoing).
- As sole counsel in a number of separate High Court fraud claims arising out of email “phishing” attacks. These include: Solid property v Singh  3 WLUK 589, where Bobby successfully obtained and held a freezing injunction (otherwise ongoing); and the ongoing, high-profile Rijksmuseum Twenthe v Simon C Dickinson.
- Successfully resisting the enforcement of an arbitration award worth some $3 billion, in the Commercial Court: Gazprom v Naftogaz  2 Lloyd’s Rep. 20.
- Acting (being led by Alan Gourgey QC and leading Jia Wei Lei) in an ongoing LCIA arbitration concerning a major commercial dispute relating to a Russian mine, worth many hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Acting as a junior in the major litigation between the city brokerages BGC and Tradition, which settled during a 3-week trial in late 2019. The claims related to alleged conspiracy, an alleged team move and alleged breach of confidentiality.
- Acting as sole counsel for a Kazakh bank in a Commercial Court fraud claim (ongoing, Norwich Pharmacal relief obtained).
- Acting as sole counsel against a silk and junior team in a high-value Chancery Division dispute concerning the termination of a commercial agency (ongoing).
- As sole counsel, acting against a silk and junior team in a major High Court share dispute, scheduled for a 3-week trial in late 2020.
- Acting as sole counsel for the claimant in a Commercial Court claim for conspiracy against private equity investors (ongoing).
- Acting in a number of LME arbitrations, including successfully acting for a trading company seeking relief for non-delivery of copper concentrate (2019), and representing a trading company in a dispute relating to want of title (ongoing).
- Acting as sole counsel for the defendants in a High Court dispute concerning joint venture agreements relating to the artworks of Robert Indiana (ongoing).
- Acting as sole counsel in an ICC arbitration (award awaited).
- A major Commercial Court claim for a client seeking damages in deceit and unlawful means conspiracy. Bobby was part of a team that successfully obtained a number of freezing injunctions (Gerald Metals v Timis  EWHC 1375).
- Acting as sole counsel in a Chancery Division claim arising from a commercial contract worth £60 million, which settled shortly before trial in 2017 (Frogmore v Nationwide).
- BVI proceedings concerning whether a trust of shares in a very high-profile Ukrainian company is a fraud (ongoing).