+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobby has a busy insolvency practice and has acted in a number of high-profile and difficult cases. He is also a contributing author of Kerr & Hunter on Receivers and Administrators and has been published in International Corporate Rescue.
Recent and ongoing cases of note include:
- Successfully opposing applications to set aside statutory demands in respect of very substantial debts arising from sums advanced to an investment company (MBU v Gulfberg  EWHC 93 (Ch); MBU v Proton  EWHC 93 (Ch)).
- Acting as sole counsel for the Claimant in a claim concerning the insolvency of a Kazakh company.
- Acting for the liquidators of a substantial company brining claims against the former director.
- Representing the administrators of Force India defending a very substantial Chancery Division claim concerning the sale of the Formula One team’s business and assets.
- Acting as a junior in Re ARM Asset Backed Securities, a significant High Court insolvency claim concerning the distribution of assets on the insolvency of a bond provider, which settled immediately prior to trial in 2017.
- Successfully acting for a fixed charge-holder resisting an injunction sought against a receiver, and then obtaining the appointment of an administrator on a contested application (Re SS Agri Power Limited  EWHC 2431 (Ch)).
- Re Carlos Chang Abate. Bobby acted for the Chilean liquidator following the bankruptcy of a well-known Chilean businessman amidst allegations of a widespread international “Ponzi” type fraud, perpetrated within the Arcano Group, in Chile, the US and the BVI. Bobby obtained recognition of the Chilean bankruptcy in the UK (thought to be the first such order ever to be obtained).
- Cusack v Martinez. Acting for an IP in a High Court dispute concerning the transfer of appointments.
- Successfully obtaining, in the High Court, an order declaring a notice of intention to appoint an administrator as being of no effect.
- Re Beech Holdings: Acting as sole counsel for a major creditor of a company, appealing the liquidator’s decision on its proof of debt.
- Re Leyton Orient: Advising and appearing for the fans’ trust in respect of the potential insolvency of this well-known football club.
- Successfully obtaining judgment in favour of an IP in claims against a company director.
- Successfully resisting the appointment of a liquidator.
- Acting in a number of contested bankruptcy proceedings.