+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobby has a very busy arbitration practice. He is instructed in a wide range of arbitral matters, including numerous LCIA arbitrations, and LME and ICC arbitrations. Bobby’s work in arbitrations covers all stages of proceedings, from the pre-action stage through to the hearing itself, and enforcement after successfully obtaining an Award.
Although the details are mostly confidential, the type of work Bobby has recently been involved in includes:
- Acting (being led by Alan Gourgey QC and leading Jia Wei Lee) in an ongoing LCIA arbitration concerning a major commercial dispute relating to a Russian mine, worth many hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Acting (led by Alan Gourgey QC) in an LME arbitration arising from a fraud in Qingdao, China.
- Acting in a series of significant LCIA arbitrations concerning Russian fraud claims worth many hundreds of millions of pounds (with connected ICAC arbitrations).
- Successfully resisting the enforcement of an arbitration award worth some $3 billion, in the Commercial Court: Gazprom v Naftogaz  2 Lloyd’s Rep. 20.
- Successfully acting in an LME arbitration concerning the non-delivery of copper concentrate in a high-value dispute.
- Acting as sole counsel in an arbitration worth approximately £30 million concerning the construction of a number of ships.
- Acting as sole counsel in an ICC arbitration concerning a contractual dispute worth over £5 million.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in a two-week hearing concerning a dispute as to whether a commercial contract could be terminated.
- Advising in respect of an anti-suit injunction, and applying for a stay of proceedings in Sierra Leone, for a dispute governed by an arbitration award.
- Obtaining freezing injunctions in support of arbitration proceedings.
- Acting in enforcement proceedings relating to an LCIA award.