+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Bobby has a very busy arbitration practice. He is currently instructed in a wide range of arbitral matters, including numerous LCIA arbitrations, and LME and ICC arbitrations. Bobby’s work in arbitrations covers all stages of proceedings, from the pre-action stage through to the hearing itself, and enforcement after successfully obtaining an Award.
Although the details are confidential, the type of work Bobby has recently been involved in includes:
- Acting in a series of significant LCIA arbitrations concerning a Russian fraud claims worth many hundreds of millions of pounds (with connected ICAC arbitrations) (ongoing).
- Acting for a major international company resisting the enforcement of an arbitration award worth some $3 billion, in the Commercial Court AB v CD .
- Acting in an LCIA arbitration for a client seeking damages of hundreds of millions of pounds arising from breaches of a contract concerning the operation of a mine (ongoing).
- Acting in an LME arbitration concerning the non-delivery of copper concentrate in a dispute worth tens of millions of pounds (ongoing).
- Acting as sole counsel in an arbitration worth approximately £30 million concerning the construction of a number of ships (ongoing).
- Acting as sole counsel in an ICC arbitration concerning a contractual dispute worth over £5 million (ongoing).
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in a two-week hearing concerning a dispute as to whether a commercial contract could be terminated.
- A dispute concerning a major commercial contract. Bobby successfully argued that the contract was not enforceable, helping to save his client many £10s of millions.
- Advising in respect of an anti-suit injunction, and applying for a stay of proceedings in Sierra Leone, for a dispute governed by an arbitration award (ongoing).
- Obtaining freezing injunctions in support of arbitration proceedings.