Brian Green QC
Call: 1980 QC: 1997
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Brian is consistently star rated in the Chambers & Partners and Top Rated in The Legal 500:
Chambers & Partners 2018 (Trusts): “He is seen as trusts royalty, and is in demand for the biggest cases all over the globe.” “He is supremely good at seeing the big picture, and can cut right through complex matters to get to the important points.”
Chambers & Partners 2018 (Chancery: Traditional): “A powerhouse with a formidable reputation and a very high profile, who does big, big cases likely to be on the front page of the Financial Times.” “His judgement and experience are unparalleled, as is his legal expertise, and you can have total faith in his judgement and wisdom.”
Chambers & Partners 2018 (Tax: Private Client): “Brian is the best QC that I’ve ever used. And for me, the main reason is that he’s incredibly clever, he doesn’t change his mind and he almost always gets straight to the solution to what seems an insoluble problem.” “He’s been very approachable, sensible and pragmatic on what is a very sensitive issue. It was a very difficult trust issue and he has a pre-eminent reputation for trusts. He’s stellar.”
Chambers & Partners 2018 (Offshore): “His truly remarkable brainpower is very impressive.” “Most barristers of his calibre work hard, but he is exceptional in terms of putting the work in, and he delivers in court.”
Private trusts work covers the full range of trusts, estates and revenue related planning and practice, including:
- The taxation of UK onshore and offshore trust structures, involving both out of court and in court arrangements
- Variation of Trusts Act applications
- Compromises and settlements
- Construction and rectification proceedings
- Trustee Act and Settled Land Act applications
- Like proceedings in offshore jurisdictions
Commercial trusts work is exceptionally varied. Examples include advising:
- Insurance company managers and custodian trustees on the governance and dispute resolution in the operation of real estate unit trust and related limited partnership structures faced with LTV and other related issues.
- International bondholders concerned to maintain their non-subordinated status under custodian and other trust documents subjected to offshore insolvency proceedings.
Offshore work includes;
- Ongoing advisory work in Australia, Bermuda, BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Jersey, and Hong Kong.
- Appearances in the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal and Court of Appeal, Supreme Court of Bermuda, Grand Court of the Cayman Islands, and BVI Court.
- Recent advisory work has also involved trusts in the Bahamas, the Cook Islands, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Mauritius and New Zealand.
- Expert opinion work.
Offshore work routinely involves working with professionals in other jurisdictions, including the domiciliary jurisdictions of settlors, US grantors and/or beneficiaries – and Brian’s recent work has involved close association with Austrian, Canadian, Californian, New York and Swiss attorneys, often with a need to understand their relevant tax systems applicable to trust entities.