BRIAN GREEN QC
Call: 1980 QC: 1997
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Brian is consistently star rated in the Chambers & Partners and Top Rated in The Legal 500:
Chambers & Partners 2022 (Offshore): “He is a leading trusts expert in the offshore world.” “His ability to take command of very complex cases and lead a judge through it is second to none.”
Chambers & Partners 2022 (Trusts): “He is extremely clever and he has a real worldly wisdom about him.”
The Legal 500 2022 (Private Client: Personal Tax): “A genius and brilliant in all respects. Brian is incredibly generous with his time and attention, making time for even the most insignificant matters. He has the ability to cut through the seemingly most intractable issues with ease, grace and good humour. A joy to work with!”
The Legal 500 2022 (Private Client: Trusts & Probate): “Brian is phenomenal – both on legal excellence and personality. He is astute, wise and highly emotionally intelligent. Brian has an extraordinary ability to deliver difficult advice in a compassionate and persuasive manner.”
Private trusts work covers the full range of trusts, estates and revenue related planning and practice, including:
- The taxation of UK onshore and offshore trust structures, involving both out of court and in court arrangements
- Variation of Trusts Act applications
- Compromises and settlements
- Construction and rectification proceedings
- Trustee Act and Settled Land Act applications
- Like proceedings in offshore jurisdictions
Commercial trusts work is exceptionally varied. Examples include advising:
- Insurance company managers and custodian trustees on the governance and dispute resolution in the operation of real estate unit trust and related limited partnership structures faced with LTV and other related issues.
- International bondholders concerned to maintain their non-subordinated status under custodian and other trust documents subjected to offshore insolvency proceedings.
Offshore work includes;
- Ongoing advisory work in Australia, Bermuda, BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Jersey, and Hong Kong.
- Appearances in the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal and Court of Appeal, Supreme Court of Bermuda, Grand Court of the Cayman Islands, and BVI Court.
- Recent advisory work has also involved trusts in the Bahamas, the Cook Islands, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Mauritius and New Zealand.
- Expert opinion work.
Offshore work routinely involves working with professionals in other jurisdictions, including the domiciliary jurisdictions of settlors, US grantors and/or beneficiaries – and Brian’s recent work has involved close association with Austrian, Canadian, Californian, New York and Swiss attorneys, often with a need to understand their relevant tax systems applicable to trust entities.